Thursday, 24 October 2013

Commission update - church banner 2 - Party Time!

Our church's bicentenial celebrations are almost upon us and thankfully I was able to complete my part in the preparations in time - JUST.

Unfortunately I was rather jinxed after starting this project.  I was firstly hit by lack of motivation - we'd had rather a hectic first half to the year and despite all my good intentions, I think I just ran out of steam for a bit and needed to take a break.  Then I got back into the swing of things and it was going well.  The end was in sight, when my mother was suddenly taken seriously ill.  We rushed down to see her and I (dutifully) took my embroidery with me.  But I just didn't have the energy to concentrate on it with the worry of Mam's condition.  Thankfully, everyone at church was aware of the situation and understood that it wasn't high on my priority list.  I did actually do some whilst sitting at Mam's bedside a couple of times and I only had 5 letters left to embroider .... when I ran out of thread!  Dad and I traipsed around all the craft shops in town to get more, but not one had any in stock in the right colour.  So, we all had to wait whilst we waited for my online order to arrive, and when it did, it was all out to finish before my train back to London.

So here it is in all its glory and ready to party this weekend!

Post a Comment